Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My So Called Life

I think I've done a post with that title before. I also think I used to like that show. Isn't that the one with Claire Danes? OK, moving on. As you can see, not much has been happening here (on my blog). My life is another matter. I am just swept along on the current of my life. That sentence deserves its own Bob Ross painting:



Before my grandmother passed away she was a huge Bob Ross devotee. Every Christmas we would get a picture she painted. I wish I had saved some of them. I do have the hand painted flyswatter holder. Don't ask, we are Okies after all. But again I digress. My organizing journey has been heinously co opted by LIFE. Exercise and school and children and random excuses. I know I just need to make time for it. Right now I live in a bedroom with one and a half painted walls. I always think, "This summer we will do all the little projects we have and we will be so productive." HAHA. But really, this summer. I am on it. But I can update you on where most of my time goes. I finished my second class for my Master's. Only about 50 million to go. Whoot whoot. I managed to do my at home final in the midst of numerous crying fits and fights over who got to use the computer. That bad boy was 28 pages in length. I know that sounds impressive but it was mostly busy work. I am in Week 4 of the Couch to 5K. Yesterday I jogged 16 minutes total (divided into four 5 and 3 minute sets). Next week is the dum dum dum 20 minute nonstop jog. If I pace myself I know I can do it. Having the Garmin helps immensely because I know if I look down and see 10 minute miles I should slow WAY down. I mean to like 12 and a half minute miles. Which is fine with me. I amended my goal time for the 5K to 38 minutes (from 35) so I would have a little room to breathe, if you will. I also need to consider the altitude but I'm not. And then in a fit of optimism and excitement I signed up for a mini sprint triathlon this October. It's a 150 meter swim, 10 mile bike, and half mile run. I also signed Emma up for the kids event so I don't have to suffer alone. She is not happy. This may be a long summer. In 3 Day news, I recently did another dessert fund raiser and ended up with almost $475. It really pays to have friends with money! So close, yet still $600 away. But that seems so much smaller than $2,000. We start training at the beginning of June so hopefully all the money issues will be squared away. That's my life in two minutes. I am making a promise to myself to update more regularly, even if the focus changes. Maybe I'll get more hits from talking about exercise! And Weight Watchers. And C25K. And triathlons. Any other key words I left out?

2 comments:

Marie said...

Jennifer, I can so relate!! My organizing journey has slowed down, too--the big massive study mess has really stymied me. I have made little bits of progress, but not enough for documentation. What can we do to kick ourselves in gear again??? Any ideas? My mother-in-law (who has been very excited about my blog) is no doubt very disappointed in me right now!!

Jennifer said...

Marie-

I honestly do not know. When I look back at April I was pretty much saying the same thing. I don't know whether to move on or just keep looking around the bedroom and muttering to myself. I don't have many followers for this blog so I'm not really letting anyone down (possibly myself?). Please let me know if you find the magic solution.