Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My New Babies

I've been busy at home with the puking and whatnot. Detailed story on my other blog. Sick kids (and husband) totally derail everything. And as if I didn't have enough to think about, I am now the proud owner of two new time sucks:



I casually mentioned one day that I would love a really nice camera. I see pictures on blogs and think, "Wow, if I had a really nice camera I could take pictures like that too." Because it has nothing to do with the skill of the photographer I'm sure. The first time I mentioned it my husband was all, "We can take pretty good pictures with our little Elph." So I put it out of my mind. Well all of a sudden there's a flurry of Internet searching and he has deemed the Nikon D90 the best of the bunch. He's telling me all these things about pixels, and ISO and aperture...That's nice dear. And before I know it, he orders it. And now it's "my camera." I have my suspicions. But he seems to genuinely want me to take possession. Plus I have two new books about digital photography. And they have instructions like, "If you want to take this shot do this." Awesome. I don't have to know anything now. And just a side note to Sara, I do know how to zoom in now. I can actually take pictures with it and not walk around the park looking like a lost tourist.



The second addition to our family is a little man much like this specimen. Our little man has led a long life and is not quite as fancy as this one. But we like him. Our neighbors were desperately trying to unload a fish on Emma soon after the passing away of Odie and they finally succeeded. But being the obsessive person I am, I had to Google "betta fish" and learn they actually like living in larger tanks with a heater and filter. So we trudged down to Petco (not once but 3 times) and acquired everything we need to keep Shippo alive for a while longer. But I must admit, I walk into my daughter's room at least twice a day expecting to see him floating at the top. He is funny though and wiggles when he sees us. I just wish I could pet him.

So I'll be keeping busy for a while yet. Still have much work to do on the bedroom/office. I'll have to start using my new baby to document my journey (no, not the fish. But that would be kinda awesome).

4 comments:

Sara said...

Man, I was really impressed when I saw the fish photo. I nearly ordered the D90 on the spot! :) I'm anxiously awaiting amazing blog photos.

Christie said...

Aren’t bettas great? When I clean my tank mine swim through my fingers like they are playing. Adorable. I just the D80 this year so that I could photograph my aquariums (among other things). I’m still getting used to the bells and whistles but I’ve packed up my point n’ shoot and I’m never looking back.

L Harris said...

cool on the camera!

sorry your family has not been well.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the comments.

Sara-I think once you see my amazing photos (when I figure out how to get them off the camera) you will be amazed.

Christie-I am enjoying Shippo but now he seems to have some sort of ailment (possibly Ick?) and I am overwhelmed by having to take care of one more thing. I had to clean his gravel yesterday and I swear it made him vomit. I am enjoying the camera too and have taken many pictures testing it out.

L-Thanks for the sympathy. Just glad they are all back to "normal".