Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Well No Wonder

This weekend was a pretty good one. I managed to do much more than I ever give myself credit for. But I looked at my insane schedule and I'm beginning to realize why I'm always so tired and scattered. Friday I took my children to the zoo, as any mother of the year would (thanks Heather). Then I came home and suddenly had the urge to work on the bedroom. I cleared out such a space you can actually see the bookshelf! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It made a huge difference. To celebrate, well not really because I already had plans, I went for a drink with a couple of my homettes. We drank and laughed (and made fun of the canoodling couple behind us). Saturday I worked on my final paper. If anyone has an opinion on a hypothetical model of repayment of welfare benefits please let me know. And then I will lecture you (sorry Sara). In the afternoon I went to our first Breast Cancer 3 Day fundraiser. We had a booth at a school carnival and sold handmade bracelets and little pink things. Then I came home and it was Aaron's time to go out. I put the kids to bed early and started watching a movie (in bed!) Does it get any better? Sunday we decided to take the hike we put off the week before. I made a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, and fresh squeezed orange juice (just bought a new juicer) and doughnuts. We then took a long hike on the Peralta Trail. Well, long for three complaining but persistent children. It was a beautiful hike but we should probably start sooner next time and take snacks. We did see Desert Bighorn Sheep. In the wild! It was pretty cool and worth having to carry Kate the last bit of the hike. As I was reflecting on the weekend and everything I accomplished, I looked at the neverending pile of laundry that I cannot seem to control and started feeling bad about myself. Then I smacked myself in the head - figuratively.

2 comments:

L Harris said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Marie said...

What a productive (and fun) weekend. I say F--K the laundry! ;)