Monday, June 15, 2009

Days 3-5

Wednesday turned out to be an unscheduled rest day. I don't know what came over me last week but I was so exhausted. OK maybe it has something to do with doing too much but that's just the simple answer. So Wednesday was spent on the couch while the children played Wii and computer and whinged.

Thursday we went to a puppet show at the Great Arizona Puppet Theater. We have been to shows there before and it's always a good time. Plus we get to go to downtown Phoenix and support local arts. And their shows and offices are in a beautiful old church. We saw Jack Rabbit and the Desert Tortoise. It was nice because it wasn't very crowded and the kids sat right in front. Kate was especially taken with the puppets. We might have to go back for Peter Pan.

I know Friday was supposed to be our day off but we ended up going to the Mesa Farmers Market. I am on a whole healthy and sustainable eating kick so we went to check it out. I wasn't sure what to expect. The few times I've been to the local farmers market I was a little disappointed by the small size and selection. Mesa's market is not huge but there was produce from two farms and a lot of small vendors giving out samples. The high point of the day was tasting raw honey from a small honey farm in Pine. I don't really like honey. That honey after taste is just gross. But this raw honey. I could not stop talking about it. I tried to use it for my coffee but it made it a little strange. I think I'll stick to sugar (am trying to stop using Splenda). After the farmers market we went to lunch at Joe's Farm Grill. If you are in the area and have never been there, just go now. If you ever visit you should check it out. The food is good and they use fresh produce. Plus, locally owned business. I'm all about the local.

We have many more adventures planned this week. Just need to find the right balance between busy and too busy. Anything to curb the whinging.

1 comment:

Sara said...

We love the puppet theater! I'm taking the kids to see Goldilocks. Wanna come?