Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 1-Project Summer Sanity

I just finished writing a post on my other blog about all of the plans I have for this summer. Every summer I think we will do activities and home projects and live the best life ever. And rarely does that happen. But this summer... I thought at least I would have something to document on my poor, sad, neglected blog. So here goes:

Today we went to Harkins Theatres for the Summer Movie Fun movie. The movie today was Horton Hears a Who, which I happen to love. And that's the important part isn't it? Actually I knew my children would probably sit through it and they did for the most part. The summer movie series is a steal if you buy the card ($7 for 10 movies) but in the past we ended up missing more than we saw so I just pay for the movies as we go ($2 per person). We have done the movie series for at least five years and since there are so many kids movies now they almost always have good choices, though I remember the summers when Shrek was a staple. Just add $1 soda refills and shared candy (or be prepared enough to bring your own) and it turns out to be a cheap and mostly enjoyable activity.

No comments: