Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This Week

This week is all about catching up and getting stuff done. Sure the kids are being forced to watch television and play computer and actually find stuff to do (gasp) but I am accomplishing just a little. We went to Wildman Phil on Monday at the library. The kids got to see all kinds of desert animals (mostly the creepy kind, sadly not the furry kind) and they pet a tortoise, horned lizard and huge python. The kids did not seem bothered by the animals, which is good because I don't want them to be all shrieky around snakes and spiders. But I guess being cautious around 12 foot snakes is normal. They weren't at all bothered by the python but I will admit to being a little creeped out by the massive amount of snake in my face when Wildman Phil was carrying it around for the kids to touch. But all in all a good time (and free). Which we then followed by going to Krispy Kreme. Donut-ty goodness.

As for the rest of the week, I am trying to clean the explosion of stuff that is our house. I am also trying to get the laundry under control AGAIN. When will I ever learn? We are also going camping this weekend so I have lots of stuff to pack and plan. I should really get started on that. This is the campground where I would love to stay:



This is probably the campground I'll end up in:



Yes, our car. Because apparently if you want to go camping in the summer in Arizona you have to plan. And I did not. But there are like 15 campgrounds in a small geographic area so surely we can find two spots. Right? Or sleep in our car in a Wal-Mart parking lot. At least it will be cooler than here.

No comments: