Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bedroom Intervention

I really should get started on the bedroom soon. If I wait until the 3rd week I'll be working on the bedroom until at least April. I told my husband he needed to weed out his clothes that don't fit and/or are torn. He insists that he must buy replacements for the clothes before he can get rid of them. So much for simplifying. I guess I'll have to do what I do with the children and wait until he's gone to go through his stuff. Then I will feign ignorance when he asks if I've seen his holey shorts. Except now he's probably just read my plan here. D'oh! Internets you've foiled me again. No, I plan on calmly and rationally explaining the importance of going through our crap. I mean, have you seen our bedroom? True, much of it is my crap. But if I have to do it so does he. Oh, I found a resource for something that is a nagging problem for us. A place that recycles VHS tapes. There may have been information on the Martha list but I didn't get that far. The recycling place is called GreenDisk and they accept all electronics and "technotrash." I can't wait to go through the two storage tubs of video cassettes. Or we could always give the blank tapes to our neighbors (they know who they are) who do not have a DVR and record everything on their VCR. HAHA, they're so old school.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hey Jennifer--we discovered that Goodwill will also take old VCR tapes. I had gone through all of our old tapes and put a ton of them in my Goodwill trash bag (I use dark trash bags for Goodwill giveaways so that the kids can't see through them!!), but my husband was convinced that they wouldn't be interested in them. But I encouraged him to ask the next time he went for our weekly Goodwill dropoff...and they said yes! I felt so much better donating them rather than throwing them away. We still have a ton of them...because we don't have a DVR either...but we rarely tape anything any more...so it's just a matter of time before I get rid of the rest of them!!

L Harris said...

We don't have a DVR or a VCR and I have hundreds of tapes! unfortunately I can't get rid of them! my dmil who purchased them 2nd hand would be sure to ask about them. We plan to purchase a cheap VCR to go in the basement for the children's entertainment.

And on going through DH's things. Not a good idea. It has always come back to bite me in the butt! JMO.