Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Doing More Makes Me Tired

Not much progress on the bedroom front. In fact, it's even messier than it was. Life is cruel. But I have been really attempting to stick to a schedule (Excel spreadsheets to come). All last week I made a schedule of the things I need to get done. And it is depressing to look at all of the things that don't get done. I feel like I worked my butt off (unfortunately not literally but that would be an awesome side effect) and my house is still as messy as before. Maybe ignorance is bliss and avoidance is utopia. But I am determined to get a handle on my life. One day it will all fall into place, right? Right? I have a counter full of Girl Scout cookies I need to sell and a recliner and basket full of clean clothes. My kids have been doing more chores around the house, which is great, but I can't get them to clean up after themselves. Thank God I have a blog to whine to. Imagine having to hear this all the time. You would just nod and think to yourself, "You're preaching to the choir sister," or, "Shut the hell up." We do have the paint to start painting the room. I am determined to clean the closet this week. I have a plan. And isn't that really the most important part?

3 comments:

Marie said...

I know, Jennifer...it's hard to keep up the steam. (Especially today because I feel totally rotten!) Just focus on how wonderful you will feel once you tackle that bedroom. Look at the before and after photos I just posted (a link to a "disposaphobia" consultant's web site)--they should make you feel better!

Marie said...

I just nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award:

http://oneyearorganizedlife.blogspot.com/2009/02/gee-thanks.html

Keep up the great work!

Marie

L Harris said...

I totally understand! I haven't done much on the bedroom this week either. It's gotten worse too! GRRRR.. Very frustrating. I just realized week 3 is almost gone and I haven't even opened the book!