Monday, February 9, 2009

The Fun Part

I did end up purchasing a duvet cover from Macy's last week. They didn't have as great a selection in store as online but I found something I really like. Though it was a challenge with two young children in tow. I tried to get them to help but they just said they liked everything and then went back to rolling on the floor or trying to crawl into the cubicles reserved for comforters. It's really a wonder I get anything done. So I took the pillowcase from the set to Ace Hardware yesterday to pick out paint. We have a Home Depot and a Lowe's not too far away but I wanted to support our local business. I know Ace is a chain but they are independently owned. Such a difference in customer service. At the big chain stores I have never seen the employees come out from behind the paint counter. But not only did the Ace employee come out to help, she also stood there and picked out at least 10 paint samples and asked her boss if she could give me $5 off. I highly recommend small businesses, even if they cost a little more. I ended up with two colors (Aaron and I were having a little trouble coming to an accord). When I brought them home we decided to use both, with the darker color as an accent. I even bought paint samples we have been eyeing for the living room. So much painting, so little time without small helpers. And we did go through all of our clothes. I simply explained the logic to my husband and he agreed. So we have two bags (one for recycling and one for Goodwill) and we've moved the armoire into the loft. I feel pretty good about the progress we've made. Can't stop now.

No comments: