Monday, February 2, 2009

Leftovers

It's February so we're supposed to move on to the bedroom. And my bedroom needs a lot of work. Luckily next month is the office, which is handy because my office is in my bedroom. I know this is not the ideal situation but it is necessary. There are still a couple of things I didn't check off my kitchen list. Maybe it's because I didn't have to start from scratch or maybe it's because I'm lazy. I'm still halfway through putting contact paper on my pantry shelves and I cannot seem to make myself do it. I should just decide I'm going to do it and dive in (like the junk drawer) but knowing me, I would make this decision when I actually should be doing something else. Which would just stress me out. And since we were on the subject of the kitchen, Aaron and I decided to tile behind the stove. We have the tile picked out. Now it's just a matter of doing it. We need a free weekend and a lot of beer. But I can't dwell on the kitchen because I have to start thinking about my bedroom sanctuary. It's my greatest desire to have a calming place I can call my own (OK Aaron can share) that is not just a storage area for all of the junk from the loft that gets thrown in when we have company. I am prepared for bliss!

2 comments:

L Harris said...

Good evening.

I'm excited about this bedroom thing too! I'm worried already though that my room is going to be a clutter collector!

Marie said...

My bedroom is really bad too. So bad that I'm not sure if I want to take "before" photos!! You should see the pile on my dresser!!! And my closet...sigh...well, at least anything I do will be an improvement!