Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Every Woman

Sometimes I amaze even myself. I am not what you might term a "crafty person," in the sense that I don't do crafts well. My Machiavellian craftiness is another matter altogether. But there are times when I find something that I think I can do and I just do it. Usually these ideas come from Family Fun magazine so they are easy enough for children. But not really. They still require a lot of parental supervision. Maybe that's where the family fun comes in. This week I decided we would make cute little Valentine's necklaces for Aidan's preschool teachers. Nothing like trying to ingratiate yourself. So I used the idea from aforementioned magazine and went to work. I was a little distraught that they were all out of giant conversation hearts at Target. Who do they think they are? But I went ahead with the idea. And the teachers even got chocolate out of the deal. What I didn't realize was the dimensions were for a child's necklace so they turned out to be more like candy chokers. No problem. They can just use them as bracelets. Crisis averted. I know it's getting close to Valentine's day and I probably should have put this up earlier so everyone could copy (unless you're smart and just buy the teacher a gift). But here it is:

1 comment:

Sara said...

Those turned out great, Jennifer. I'll have to send you a photo of the Jars of Joy our class (um, I) put together for Elizabeth's teachers. Also from Family Fun. Yeah, I'll do that. As soon as they're finished. Clock's a-tickin'.