Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Progress

Apparently grief can be constructive. I promised myself I would finish the closet and I did. Aaron even started painting the bedroom. But now I can't decide whether I like the two colors of blue or not. My mother (who I do listen to, despite what she may think) likes the colors together. So I may leave them. I really like the darker blue but I think it might be too dark for the whole room.

Cleaning the closet was quite cathartic but I won't show you pictures of my bedroom, which is now an even bigger mess. Part of it is really my office so I consider that to be next month's job. I am glad we're starting to think about what we want to do in the bedroom and we have a plan, though lack the necessary finances to do all the work at once. We would love to have some sort of closet system (sorry Marie) but only because we don't have a dresser in our room and all of our clothes are currently in wire cubes in the closet. I just want drawers and a shoe rack. Nothing fancy. So now you can marvel at the before and after. Unfortunately the after pics have the hamper right in the foreground so just disregard the dirty clothes. And Aaron still needs to go through his shoe collection.

BEFORE


AFTER

2 comments:

L Harris said...

Looks good. We won't be adding anything right now either, but I have a list for when we do. That's a step in the right direction.

Marie said...

Nice!! I really don't have anything against closet systems! Actually, we have a rudimentary closet system already in our closet, so I might feel differently if we had nothing. Congratulations on organizing your closet (and engaging your hubby!).