Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 5

360 days to go. It really isn't so bad. I know I need to loosen up a little on the schedule but I don't feel like I can yet. It's like the South Beach diet. As soon as I started adding the carbs back I lost my mind a little. I have some ideas to keep things interesting. Right now I'm just writing for myself because I haven't told anyone about this blog yet. I don't want to waste all the good ideas on me.

The schedule:

6:30/7:00-wake up
7:00-8:00-ready for school/computer
8:00-8:30-homework
8:30-9:20-get ready to go
2 loads of laundry
12:00-2:00-to do list/homework
2:00-2:50-kitchen
dinner
movie night

It's been a long day but I actually finished the kitchen (after only three days). It's times like these when I wonder how people manage to keep their house from imploding around them. I may say this a lot (I do) but while I'm putting out a fire in one place there's a blazing inferno somewhere else. I either need helpful elves or children who will start putting their toys away and not stuff trash in the sofa cushions.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hear you. For me, I'll be so glad that I got one task accomplished (like cleaning the family room) only to return to the playroom to find that one of the kids has permanently damaged something (defaced the coffee table with crayon). Is that really the sacrifice I need to make to keep my house clean?