Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 6

The first weekend of the new plan. I am torn between wanting to schedule everything and wanting to blow everything off. Sounds like a normal weekend. Usually I have this whole list of things I want to get done. The weekend is like this shiny blank slate and I fill it with my dreams of productivity. And then Sunday night comes and I realize my kids haven't bathed in two days and they've watched so much television they're starting to sing commercials in their sleep. Every weekend I have dreams of family outings and DIY projects. Well dream no more. I will bond and spackle if it kills me (it might).

The schedule:

7:00-wake up/computer
7:30-8:30-homework
swim class
10:00-12:00-to do/clean Kate's room/stairs
birthday party
Lowe's
homework
2 loads laundry

We did make it to Lowe's for the first of many buying stuff for DIY trips. But the rod we bought for the laundry room needs another sort of bracket and we didn't manage to put up the curtain rod in Kate's room. All in good time. I'd say all in all it was a good start.

No comments: