Thursday, October 9, 2008

Martha Moment

Yesterday I decided I really, really wanted to make these and these but I knew I didn't want the leftovers hanging around (see references to losing ten pounds). So I decided to be all Martha/Bree Van de Kamp (she'll always be Van de Kamp to me) and deliver treats to the neighbors. I managed to snap a pic of the rice krispie treats but neglected to photograph the cashew bars. Both turned out so yummy it's a good thing I didn't have leftovers. I mixed two recipes for the krispies and added peanut butter from a recipe on the cereal site.


Then I took it up a notch (sorry Emeril) and made the wrapping paper from a Martha Valentine's Day idea. Basically you use a craft punch on tissue paper and then iron the shapes between two pieces of wax paper. So simple a child could (help) do it. After spending all of the time on the wax paper I wanted another idea for the other package. Emma suggested using paper bags (cut open) which we then stamped. I crumpled the second bag for a different effect. I really wanted to glue on googly eyes but I also really wanted to deliver the treats before they sat around my house and mysteriously disappeared.

The final product

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cute and darn tasty!