Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Great Neighbor or Greatest Neighbor


I don't know if this is regional or has just started in the last few years but since we moved into our new neighborhood we have joined in on the tradition of boo-ing. Basically a neighbor brings you Halloween goodies after dark in the weeks leading up to Halloween and you have to reciprocate by "boo"ing two more neighbors. Pretty soon the neighborhood is filled with ghost signs posted on doors indicating boo-ing has occurred. This year, because I am living obsessively, I decided I wanted to start the gift giving and I wanted to make all of my treats. So I looked through Halloween ideas and got busy.



The pumpkins are brownie pops (brownies rolled into balls and dipped in candy melts) and the pretzels are just rods dipped in caramel and chocolate and rolled in sprinkles and candies. Pretty simple but it looks like I took great pains to make them. The brownie pops were a takeoff on this and the pretzel rods just seemed like an easy thing to make. I have a feeling I would make brownie pops again in the (near) future and I think practice will improve my technique quite a bit. It was such fun to have Emma ring the bell and then run back to the car before the neighbors caught us. There was much laughter and I hope my kids (and neighbors) will look back on these things with fond memories.

2 comments:

Sara said...

You are the greatest neighbor. They don't know how lucky they are.

I love those brownie pops. They turned out so cute!

Jennifer said...

The edible ink pen sucked. I was tempted to use a sharpie. Just kidding (not really).