Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blogtastic

Occasionally I like to Google myself or my blog. It's tough keeping your blog posts on the first page of Google search results. You can only imagine my struggle with "broken bananas." Actually, I'm always number one and two on that one. Because who does random searches for broken bananas? Apparently lots of people. So the other day I Googled the books I'm using to see if anyone else had my million dollar idea. And surprise, someone did. But I like her blog so I'll refrain from taking any steps to "reduce the competition." Plus, she did a blog post about me. No one (as far as I know) has done that. And if they have it probably wasn't pleasant. Her name is Marie and she writes One Year to an Organized Life AND Every Day is a Miracle. See, I'm not the only one with multiple blogs! And she is an Obama supporter living in a blue state. Must be nice. It's a lonely existence here. She is also organizing her house using Regina Leeds' book. So we are supporting each other through this fragile time (because she also has three children she is struggling to get involved in the organizing). I'm so excited to find a blog friend I don't know in real life. Because I'll let you in on a little secret, all the links on my other blog to "Moms I Actually Like" are moms I actually know (except for Dooce unfortunately). We really could just call each other to discuss our lives but we write it in blog form instead. At least we always have someone to comment on our blogs. But now I'm not alone in this undertaking. And I promise Marie, if I am invited to the Today Show I will take you with me!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds like fun, Jennifer! I'm all about Matt Lauer!

I have to confess that I've slowed down a bit in my organizing and have got to get back with the program. I'm excited to "officially" start with the kitchen, starting today.

I did come up with some chore charts for my kids last night...in my constant effort to actually get them to do some work around the house. Ha! Here's one problem I face, though: One of the chores is to "keep your room clean," but their rooms are not clean to start with. I could have them clean their own rooms, but part of my massive cleaning and organizing effort is to get rid of tons of stuff, and you just know that they will not do that!!!

Have you found any secrets to getting your kids to keep their rooms clean? I know that was a constant struggle for my parents when I was growing up (I too was from a 3-child family).

I'm so glad to have found you, a fellow blogger and partner in crime!

Cheers!

Jennifer said...

Marie-
I have the same problem keeping the motivation up. That's why I ran out of steam after completing half the kitchen a few months ago. I am determined this time will be different. (That's what I've said the past few times!)

And I struggle with the children and chores issue too. I always think up this grand scheme of having regular chores but with no support and consistency (from children and parents) it always falls apart. I did take pictures of the items in my son's cubbies so we could label them and he could be responsible for putting his stuff back. Haven't managed to develop the pictures yet. That is so indicative of the rest of my life. If you find the secret could you please let me know?

L Harris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L Harris said...

Ok, I deleted the first one just because I forgot to say something. :(

I'd love to join the two of you on your trip of 1 yr 2 an organized life.

I have 5 kids though, is that okay??