Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Week

This week I'm supposed to continue the tasks from last week and add a new one from Simple Steps. I'm having a hard enough time just drinking the water. But I know that's an important one. Especially when it's 4:00 and I realize I haven't had anything to drink but coffee and soda. Add caffeine to my list of addictions. And no, I will not be detoxing from it. Everyone needs at least one vice. So this week I should:

  • Continue to unload and load dishwasher (brilliant when I make myself unload in the morning)
  • Wipe counters (my kitchen counter is the bane of my existence but I do manage to wipe the one square foot I cook on)
  • Drink at least 48 ounces water
  • Take a multi-vitamin every day
I think the real task this week was walking 20 minutes a day but since I just went back to South Beach Phase 1 I thought that might be impossible. At least that's what I tell myself. I'm also supposed to work on my Dream Board (an idea from One Year to an Organized Life). It's basically an inspiration board and I can't seem to find the inspiration to be inspired. It always feels like too much work to drag out the pictures, glue and boards. Maybe I'm just resistant. I figured I would let my kids cut and glue too so it would be a family project. I also need to do a quick toss of unnecessary things. I think I've mentioned that my pantry and cabinets are in order already but my storage closet off the kitchen is a little bit of a nightmare. If I get that under control I will high five myself and buy me a drink.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Jennifer, Thanks so much for your e-mail. How did you discover me?

I love the fact that I'm not the only one trying to blog about One Year to an Organized Life! I look forward to following your Broken Bananas blog too; I really like your slightly sarcastic, funny style!

I will definitely link your site to mine--in fact I am going to write a post just for you! I seriously doubt I will show you up, and I would appreciate a partner in trying to get organized!!