Thursday, January 8, 2009

Phase One of My Super Plan

I have these two books and a plan to take over the world:



The Simple Steps book is from a few years ago and I don't even think their website is up anymore. But is has useful tips (apart from the kitchen dancing) and I've always stopped about a quarter of the way through. You're supposed to add four new steps a week but my life is such that one step a week is sufficient. The One Year to an Organized Life book was a gift. And no she wasn't trying to tell me something. I started it last year but only finished half of the kitchen. I wish I had pictures of my pantry before the cleaning. I promise pictures of my closet, which will disturb and amaze you. The premise of this book is organizing one space per month and doing tasks each week. She also has suggestions for starting habits that will keep your space organized. So this week my tasks from both books are:
  • Load and unload dishwasher daily
  • Wipe counters in kitchen after dinner
  • Drink at least 48 ounces water daily
Apart from the constant peeing, these tips are very useful. I routinely load the dishwasher but it's days before I unload it. Having it empty throughout the day really helps. And I've assigned Emma the task of loading it after dinner. I did have to show her my special way to load (which really is the only way). One week and already my children have some recurring chores. Maybe this organizing thing isn't so bad after all.

2 comments:

Regina Leeds said...

I have no doubt that a strong, organized and determined woman like yourself can indeed take over the world....and accomplish much good in the process

:>)

You go, Girl!

Great plan...great start...rock on!

Blessings,
Regina

Jennifer said...

Wow Regina, thanks for the comment. I can only hope to live up to the example you set. I'm sure I'll embarrass myself a little along the way. I'm looking forward to an organized year!